Monday, January 28, 2013

Advent Calendar 2012

Every year after Christmas I carefully take down and store our advent calendar because I always plan on using it the following year.

And at the beginning of the next Christmas season I make a new advent calendar.

I can help it.  I'm a compulsive crafter.  

(You can see our 2010 calendar here and our 2011 calendar here.)

This year I wanted to use the silhouette.  

And chicken wire.

And old fencing.  

This is what we celebrated with this year.


Each tag is actually a pocket which held our daily activity.   


The pockets have a front piece and a back piece that were sewn together.  (Did I mention that I also wanted to use my sewing machine?)  


 We used ribbon and twine to tie the tags to the chicken wire.


 I made the frame with some old fencing and staples.


Definitely my favorite yet.  This may actually be fantastic enough to ward off my craft addiction and need to reinvent the advent calendar next December.  Perhaps I could pour the effort into homemade stockings... or a tree skirt... or ... hmm...

*****************************************************


P.S. I have already uncovered my Valentine's Countdown Calendar already.  Come on February!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...